Being considered as the well-famous as the “Rice bowl” of Vietnam, Mekong Delta River brings the magic inside that appeals all those who have come to this immense land.
Vietnam is unquestionably one of the most appealing destinations all over the world with its breathtaking natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. If being occupied in the crowded cities, so then just discover life beyond the urban center of the Southern region with a tour to the glorious Mekong Delta. This colorful treasure is rich with meandering waterways and flourishing farmland creating an unforgettable experience that will leave tourists the most wonderful moments.
The busy Cai Rang floating market
Life revolves around the maze river and canal networks here and many areas are accessible by boats only. Known as Vietnam’s Rice Bowl, the region covers a vast area of endless paddy fields, producing around half of Vietnam’s agricultural output. Rice, however, isn’t the only products. Mekong Delta River in Vietnam is also abundant with mangoes, papayas, dragon fruits, coconuts and pineapples. They can be found at hustle and bustle Cai Rang Floating Market, Cai Be and Phung Hiep Floating Market where vendors float around on boats with fresh produce and other goods, often hanging from tall wooden poles. Right at these markets, visitors can trade and bargain for local specialties that they will find nowhere else but in Mekong Delta Vietnam only. Surely, a Mekong delta tour to Cai Be floating market in one day will be your worthwhile experience.
Vietnam is a culinary world and the Mekong Delta brings its own unique flavors. The abundance of rice and crops means everything when visitors will delve into a world of noodle soups, minced pork and pate wrapped in banana leaves, rice paper rolls stuffed with pineapple, banana, lettuce and basil or pancakes with coconut milk, ginger, peas and shrimps. Therefore Mekong Delta is considered a foodie heaven from rice products to plentiful tropical fruits and schools of fishes as well.
Walking in the lush orchards of Mekong Delta
In particular, the Mekong Delta River is highlighted by lush orchards overflowing with tropical fruit, floating markets and villages built on stilts but it’s really the locals who warmly call the Mekong home. The Vietnamese are hospitable, kind and resilient people so there are plenty of opportunities for tourists to socialize with the locals and get in touch with local culture. The area is deeply rural, but it's also one of Vietnam's most densely populated regions. The people in this region are made up of Vietnamese and people of Cham, Khmer and Chinese as well origin that accounts for the variety of religions that add to the cultural diversity of this delta. Being not a big area, but there are various types of religions practiced here including Buddhism, Catholicism, Cao Dai, Hoa Hao and Islam.
More Vietnam Destinations:
- Ha Long Bay – a magnificent magical destination
- Spectacular beauty of Lang Co Bay
- Ninh Binh province – a huge tourism potential
- Perfume Pagoda (Chùa Hương) – “the first ranking Southern grotto”
- Tam Coc-Bich Dong, “South second nicest grotto”
- Lai Chau – a beautiful mountainous land
- Sapa, the fanciful town in fog
- Hoi An Old Town – an ancient Beauty of Vietnam
- Mỹ Sơn Holy land – a masterpiece of Chăm Architecture
- Quang Tri and the Demilitarised Zone
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a famous Vietnam’s historical relic
- Da Lat – a flowerful town of romance
- Ben Tre – huge potential of ecological tourism in Vietnam
- Coconut palms, the symbol of Ben Tre
- Floating markets – the outstanding in Mekong Delta
- Van Phong Bay, impressive and unforgettable...
- A mysterious, charming lady-like land...
- A tranquil destination for visitors!
- The Mekong Delta in brief
- Beautiful sceneries in the Central Highlands
- Dai Nam Van Hien, Vietnam’s first safari park
- The immense pride of Ninh Binh’s inhabitants
- Enjoy Sa Dec Flower Gardens!
- My Tho fruit market
- Ba Li Stream, a new destination
- Sam Mountain - a place of pilgrimage for the Vietnamese
- Oc-Eo Remains Site
- Ton Thanh Pagoda – the national vestige
- Binh Ta Archaeological Vestiges
- Beautiful birds in Bac Lieu
- Hon Khoai Island, primeval and interesting...
- Song Ngu – an interesting island!
- Cu Lao Cham, the beautiful offshore island
- Hoa Lu Ancient Capital
- Nguom Ngao Cave with masterpiece in stone
- Spectacular Tien Son Cave
- Da Lat flowers
- Bac Ha Market, feast for the eyes!
- Nhi Thanh Grotto
- Hai Van Pass
- Son Tra Peninsula