Ton Thanh Pagoda is situated in Thanh Ba Hamlet, My Loc Commune, Can Giuoc District, Long An Province. The pagoda is founded by Buddhist Monk Vien Ngo with the orginal name of Lan Nha. Built in 1808 by northern emigrants, Ton Thanh Pagoda is the oldest pagoda in Long An. Vietnamese famous poet Nguyen Dinh Chieu lived in this pagoda from 1859 to 1861. In the tranquil scenery, he wrote many immortal novels.
In the pagoda, there remains a number of ancient statues which are valuable and characterized for the 19th century art style. Especially, the bronze statue of Bo Tat Dia Tang was casted right in the pagoda. In the Ton Thanh Pagoda’s campus, there are a memorial stele for Poet Nguyen Dinh Chieu built in 1973 and a tower for reminding Buddhist Monk Thien Ngo.
Sixteen years after the death of Buddhist Monk Vien Ngo, Ton Thanh Pagoda has become the historical vestige with the famous novel of “Funeral rration for Can Giuoc righteous soldiers” by the blind poet Nguyen Dinh Chieu...
More Vietnam Destinations:
- Ha Long Bay – a magnificent magical destination
- Ninh Binh province – a huge tourism potential
- Perfume Pagoda (Chùa Hương) – “the first ranking Southern grotto”
- Tam Coc-Bich Dong, “South second nicest grotto”
- Lai Chau – a beautiful mountainous land
- Sapa, the fanciful town in fog
- Hoi An Old Town – an ancient Beauty of Vietnam
- Mỹ Sơn Holy land – a masterpiece of Chăm Architecture
- Quang Tri and the Demilitarised Zone
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a famous Vietnam’s historical relic
- Da Lat – a flowerful town of romance
- Ben Tre – huge potential of ecological tourism in Vietnam
- Coconut palms, the symbol of Ben Tre
- Floating markets – the outstanding in Mekong Delta
- Van Phong Bay, impressive and unforgettable...
- A mysterious, charming lady-like land...
- A tranquil destination for visitors!
- The Mekong Delta in brief
- Beautiful sceneries in the Central Highlands
- Dai Nam Van Hien, Vietnam’s first safari park
- The immense pride of Ninh Binh’s inhabitants
- Enjoy Sa Dec Flower Gardens!
- My Tho fruit market
- Ba Li Stream, a new destination
- Sam Mountain - a place of pilgrimage for the Vietnamese
- Oc-Eo Remains Site