The remains site is located in the mountainous region of Sap - Ba The in Thoai Son District, An Giang Province. It is a vast ancient vestige of the Phu Nam Kingdom, a powerful nation in the Southeast Asia about two thousand years ago. In the Middle Ages, the ancient citadel of Oc-Eo used to be a commercial center.
Oc-Eo Remains Site was rediscovered when the soil was dug out to build the Ba The Channel. The site is considered as "the Oc Eo city" with a surface area of 4,500 ha. There are still certain places in the Southwest like: Dong Thap Muoi, Chau Doc, Kien Giang which, until now, still hold many mysteries to researchers and archeologists.
More Vietnam Destinations:
- Ha Long Bay – a magnificent magical destination
- Ninh Binh province – a huge tourism potential
- Perfume Pagoda (Chùa Hương) – “the first ranking Southern grotto”
- Tam Coc-Bich Dong, “South second nicest grotto”
- Lai Chau – a beautiful mountainous land
- Sapa, the fanciful town in fog
- Hoi An Old Town – an ancient Beauty of Vietnam
- Mỹ Sơn Holy land – a masterpiece of Chăm Architecture
- Quang Tri and the Demilitarised Zone
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a famous Vietnam’s historical relic
- Da Lat – a flowerful town of romance
- Ben Tre – huge potential of ecological tourism in Vietnam
- Coconut palms, the symbol of Ben Tre
- Floating markets – the outstanding in Mekong Delta
- Van Phong Bay, impressive and unforgettable...
- A mysterious, charming lady-like land...
- A tranquil destination for visitors!
- The Mekong Delta in brief
- Beautiful sceneries in the Central Highlands
- Dai Nam Van Hien, Vietnam’s first safari park
- The immense pride of Ninh Binh’s inhabitants
- Enjoy Sa Dec Flower Gardens!
- My Tho fruit market
- Ba Li Stream, a new destination